In 1976, Hersheypark added a new ride: Ladybug. This replaced the Sailboats kiddie ride which had been in the park since 1928.
Construction for Hershey’s Chocolatetown in Tram Cirlce underway.
The featured photo above is courtesy the Hershey-Derry Township Historical Society. If you are interested in looking at more photos in their collection, check out the Historical Society’s Online Collections … Continue Reading Hersheypark in 1968
Just down the road from Hersheypark, on Hersheypark Drive, is the Pennsylvania State Police Academy. It is located on the same hill as The Hotel Hershey and Catherine Hall, part … Continue Reading Tear Gas from Police Training Drifts into Hersheypark
Here is your Hersheypark update for December 17, 2018. Digging is underway in the old Hershey Park Pool area.
Hersheypark’s first Christmas Candylane was held 35 years ago in 1983.
The Rotor was invented in Europe in the 1940s and was brought to the United States in 1951. Kennywood Park installed a Rotor in 1955, and Hersheypark installed a Rotor in 1970.
The Lingle House, formerly a home on West Derry Road, still exists inside Hersheypark today, and is a Subway restaurant. The building is over 100 years old.
Hersheypark was awarded 2 Brass Ring awards at the 2018 IAAPA annual meeting.
Construction of the perimeter gate for the expanded area of Hersheypark has continued. Fence poles have been installed on part of the fence line. It is set a handful of … Continue Reading Hersheypark Update | November 8, 2018
Hersheypark’s Hershey’s Chocolatetown preliminary construction is underway.
On October 23, Hersheypark in the Dark will turn 20 years old. The first season the event occurred was in 1998. Creatures of the Night originally began as a single … Continue Reading Hersheypark in the Dark turns 20
West Derry Road was a public road that existed until 1980 that cut through what is today Hersheypark. One of the former homes on West Derry Road exists in Hersheypark … Continue Reading When the Last Home on West Derry Road Was Sold
On September 12, Hersheypark posted on social media a teaser for the park’s “biggest announcement ever” in their history. This is more than likely related to the proposed 23 acre … Continue Reading Hersheypark teases major October 3 announcement
Now inside Hersheypark, Castelli’s Hotel was a restaurant that operated from 1940 to 1964 on West Derry Road in Hershey.
The United States experienced a shortage of pennies in 1974. Carol Stambaugh and Jessie Gladfelter can be seen here scoping coins out of a Tudor Square fountain.