1921: No significant changes.
1922: Hershey Chocolate Company gets out from its debt and is no longer run by a banker. This enables Hersheypark to grow throughout the 20s. The strong return to health for the Hershey Chocolate Company ultimately helps Hershey avoid the Great Depression in the next decade. However it would take several years before it could pay down the remainder of the debt.
1923: The Joy Ride, a wooden out and back roller coaster, manufactured by Philadelphia Toboggan Company, and the first roller coaster designed by Herbert P. Schmeck, debuts on June 23. This is the final season of operation for the Shoot The Chute (1914).
1924: A new version of the toboggan slide is built, also called Shoot The Chute.
1925: This is the first year the Convention Hall was converted into an indoor ice skating rink and became the Ice Palace.
1926: Hersheypark’s first two kiddie rides are installed. Both are made by Allan Herschell Company. These are the Kiddie Ferris Wheel (1926) and Airplane Swing (also called Aeroplane Swing for the first few years). The park’s first bumper car ride, Skooter, is installed near where Fender Bender is today.
1927: Hershey Chocolate Company paid down the remaining debt from the 1920 Sugar Crisis. Milton S. Hershey reorganizes his entities into three corporations: Hershey Estates, which owned Hersheypark, Hershey Chocolate Corporation which owned the chocolate company, and Hershey Corporation, which owned the deed of trust to the Hershey Industrial School, as well as the sugar cane company in Hershey, Cuba. Hersheypark is officially transferred from Hershey Chocolate Company to Hershey Estates on December 20. Hersheypark signs first contract for soft drinks to be sold in the park with Crystal Rock Water Company.
1928: Due to the popularity of the two kiddie rides, the park adds a third kiddie ride, the Sailboats. The original pool is closed at the end of the season and is due to be replaced by a new pool for the following season. This is the final season of operation for Shoot The Chute (1924). The new pool area opens without a toboggan slide.
1929: Several pools, a bathhouse and a lighthouse were constructed. This well known pool was located near the ballroom and the lighthouse still stands today. The carrousel was relocated to the heart of the park. Adjacent to that, a new water ride, The Mill Chute opened to the public. This was operated by the American Amusement Company, which was owned by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company.
1930: The bathhouse for the original pool is converted into a funhouse aptly named Funhouse. This is the final season of operation for Skooter.