West Derry Road was a public road that existed until 1980 that cut through what is today Hersheypark. One of the former homes on West Derry Road exists in Hersheypark … Continue Reading When the Last Home on West Derry Road Was Sold
On September 12, Hersheypark posted on social media a teaser for the park’s “biggest announcement ever” in their history. This is more than likely related to the proposed 23 acre … Continue Reading Hersheypark teases major October 3 announcement
Now inside Hersheypark, Castelli’s Hotel was a restaurant that operated from 1940 to 1964 on West Derry Road in Hershey.
The United States experienced a shortage of pennies in 1974. Carol Stambaugh and Jessie Gladfelter can be seen here scoping coins out of a Tudor Square fountain.
Reese’s Cupfusion is new for summer 2019. It will replace Reese’s Xtreme Cup Challenge, which will permanently close on September 3.
Hersheypark and Knoebels are experiencing continued flooding since Monday – both parks announced they would be closed on July 25 and July 26.
Hersheypark and Knoebels closed on July 23 due to localized flooding. Hersheypark is scheduled to reopen on July 24. Knoebels has not yet announced their plans for tomorrow.
On July 19, 2018, Kennywood Park and the Pittsburgh Steelers announced a collaboration that has resulted in a new themed region being added to the park, which will be called … Continue Reading Steelers Country to open in Kennywood Park in 2019
The mission begins on August 2, 2018. What will it be? #Hersheypark2019
In 2014, Hersheypark added a new branded food stand, one that was local to the Philadelphia and Jersey Shore area – Chickie’s & Pete’s. Chickie’s & Pete’s opened up a location … Continue Reading Chickie’s & Pete’s
Happy Fourth of July from The Amusement Parkives!
The Bug was one of Hershepark’s most classic rides, located in the Hollow, adjacent to Comet.
One hundred and ten years ago, Hersheypark opened for its third season of operations on May 30, 1908. This season was the year Hersheypark added its first amusement park attractions. … Continue Reading Hersheypark in 1908
The Wild Cat operated in Hersheypark from 1923 to 1945. It was manufactured by Philadelphia Toboggan Company and The Wild Cat was the first roller coaster designed by Herbert P. Schmeck.
Skyview was installed in 1966 over top of The Hollow.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company presented Plat #1298 to Derry Township Planning Commission.