On September 12, Hersheypark posted on social media a teaser for the park’s “biggest announcement ever” in their history. This is more than likely related to the proposed 23 acre expansion of Hersheypark which was submitted to Derry Township for necessary approvals in the late spring. This proposed expansion includes a relocation of the main gate from its current location to where Tram Circle is currently located, as well as the addition of a major attraction for 2020 which is a roller coaster and possibly more.
The “biggest announcement ever” will be on October 3.
Biggest Announcement Ever
This video highlights a variety of events in the history of Hersheypark, including:
- The founding of the town of Hershey in 1903
- The opening of Hersheypark in 1906
- J.R. Snavely’s first season as Hersheypark’s first general manager in 1907
- The opening of Hersheypark’s first roller coaster, the Wild Cat, in 1923
- The opening of Hersheypark’s current Carrousel in 1945
- The opening of Kissing Tower in 1975
- The opening of SooperdooperLooper in 1977
- The expansion of Midway America in 1997
- The addition of The Boardwalk at Hersheypark in 2007
- The park as it is today, in 2018
Support The Amusement Parkives today! Click here.
1 thought on “Hersheypark teases major October 3 announcement”
Pingback: 2018 in Review – The Amusement Parkives