I hope everyone gets to enjoy this holiday celebrating American independence! I know that where I’m at, we’re expecting rain. Hopefully it holds off for any park-goers today! But enjoy your holiday anyway you can.
Here are a few notes of interest:
- Here’s a link to another blog, Uni Watch, that is worth reading today. The blog is titled From Every Mountainside, Let Freedom Ring.
- Take a few minutes to read the Declaration of Independence.
- Two rides opened on this date in Hersheypark history.
- Hersheypark’s first ride, a Herschell-Spillman carousel, officially opened for business (it soft opened with free rides on July 3) in 1908.
- Hersheypark’s second carousel, a Dentzel model, opened in 1912.
I have a wide variety of interests, from sports to politics, music to Star Trek. I write about the history of amusement parks on my website, The Amusement Parkives, which I founded in 2016.