Redondo Beach, California, operated a twin racing roller coaster called Lightning Racer, from May 1913 until October 1923. It was a twin, racing, out and back roller coaster, constructed at … Continue Reading Lightning Racer at Redondo Beach, CA | 1913 – 1923
Thank you for visiting The Amusement Parkives. I really appreciate everyone who checks out the website. (Check the page for some suggested reading, too!)
Congratulations to Hersheypark for picking up a few Brass Ring awards at IAAPA 2017!
Lots of things happened in Hersheypark since the last update, so take a look at this Hersheypark Update for November 9, 2017!
Sky Fun 1, Inc., was a company based in Longmont, Colorado. They are best known for the SkyCoaster at various parks.
A Ben Schiff Wild Mouse was purchased by Kennywood Park in 1958.
Cable Transportation Engineering Company, Incorporated, (CTEC) was a chairlift manufacturing company formed in in 1977.
This is a look at the entrances of Hersheypark in 1971 and 1972, in the transition of Hersheypark being renovated into a theme park.
Chester “Chet” Eben Albright, Jr., was a leading civil engineer and builder in Philadelphia. He was born on July 31, 1859 and died on March 29, 1949.
Makin’ Whoopie Pies is a food franchise that specializes in creating customized, made-to-order whoopie pies (also known as gobs, in western Pennsylvania).
Construction on the new 2018 Boardwalk attractions is underway!
Enjoy your day and thanks for reading The Amusement Parkives!
In 1926, Hersheypark installed their first two kiddie rides, Airplane Swing and Kiddie Ferris Wheel (1926). Nearby, the park installed their first bumper car ride, Skooter. Skooter was located in … Continue Reading Skooter | 1926-1930
This is a look at the original main entrance for Hersheypark from 1906, when the park opened, until 1970, the last year the park operated without a proper gate. In … Continue Reading Hersheypark entrances | 1906 – 1970
James K. Putt – who went by the name Jim – was a chief builder for Milton S. Hershey for the first 25 years of the town of Hershey’s existence. … Continue Reading James K. Putt
After the 1911 season, the popularity of the park’s first carousel required the park to purchase a larger carousel for the park. The original carousel, often called the Merry-Go-Round, was … Continue Reading Hersheypark’s Carrousel | 1912 – 1944