Hersheypark has published the 2019 Springtime in the Park map.
In 1976, Hersheypark added a new ride: Ladybug. This replaced the Sailboats kiddie ride which had been in the park since 1928.
The featured photo above is courtesy the Hershey-Derry Township Historical Society. If you are interested in looking at more photos in their collection, check out the Historical Society’s Online Collections … Continue reading Hersheypark in 1968
The Rotor was invented in Europe in the 1940s and was brought to the United States in 1951. Kennywood Park installed a Rotor in 1955, and Hersheypark installed a Rotor in 1970.
Reese’s Cupfusion is new for summer 2019. It will replace Reese’s Xtreme Cup Challenge, which will permanently close on September 3.
The mission begins on August 2, 2018. What will it be? #Hersheypark2019
The Bug was one of Hershepark’s most classic rides, located in the Hollow, adjacent to Comet.
The Wild Cat operated in Hersheypark from 1923 to 1945. It was manufactured by Philadelphia Toboggan Company and The Wild Cat was the first roller coaster designed by Herbert P. Schmeck.
Skyview was installed in 1966 over top of The Hollow.
Today’s Hersheypark update features news of an upcoming improvements and updates to Hersheypark over the next two seasons, as well as updates on the construction of the new Racer Corner … Continue reading Hersheypark Update | February 15, 2018
This is a special article about the history of Waagner-Biro’s double and triple wheels. For more information about Giant Wheel at Hersheypark see here and here. Waagner-Biro produced a new kind … Continue reading Waagner-Biro | Double and Triple Wheels
One of the earliest rides purchased by Hersheypark, the Miniature Railroad debuted in 1910 and was operated to the 1971 season. This is a detailed review of the history of the Miniature Railroad.